Sunday, February 3, 2013

 
January 31, 2013
Kenzie 13th Birthday Surprise
 

For Kenzie's 13th Birthday I came up with this idea to give her a total room makeover.  Should be easy, they do it on those shows all the time.  HAHA!!!  Got the girls off to school, Kenzie had no idea.  Mike stayed home to help.  First job, empty room. 

Room emptied.  Looks pretty big when there is nothing in it.  I started taping and painting, Mike took on the job of removing wallpaper.   After room was painted and all the wallpaper removed,  Of course Thursday's are our busiest days, 3:00 I had to pick up the first round of kids.  I left Mike to work on the new bed which was in pieces and had to be put together.  Checked in after dropping off Kathryn at choir and Kaitlyn at dance.  Kenzie called the house because Youth For Christ Club was canceled and she asked dad to pick her up, he said mom was out running kids around and he couldn't get her.  Wow we dodged that one.  Finished putting bed together and started the clean up process.  I wish I had taken a picture of the rest of the downstairs.  We had stuff every where.  Picked up Kenzie took her to choir, picked up Kathryn  and come home to find the bed almost done.  I started questioning whether we would finish this project.  Mike went to pick up Kenzie from choir, took her to dinner and then picked up Kaitlyn from dance.  Between 7:30 - 9:00 I surprisingly got everything put away and the rest of her stuff in the garage. 

New work area, complete with Aunt Becky's old laptop.  Bulletin board area
 not complete yet (ran out of time).

New wallpaper still to come
 
Turned off the light and was on the couch when they walked in.  Kenzie had gotten balloons and cookies at choir.  During our crazy day I had managed to stop at Albertsons and pick up the cookie cake which I had ordered the day before.  So on the counter was one box (not wrapped - who had time to wrap today) from Glenn and Rita and her cookie cake.  I told Kenzie it was awfully late and Kathryn was already in bed we could celebrate her birthday this weekend.  I could tell she was a little disappointed, but said ok, I'll just celebrate all weekend.  After procrastinating, Kaitlyn headed upstairs and Kenzie finally headed to her room.  Mike snuck around through the office and hid in her room.  As soon as she walked in and turned on the light dad started singing happy birthday, I was in the door behind her.  I wish I had a video camera going to catch her expression.  She just kept jumping up and down saying "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness....I love you!!!!" 
This Birthday Surprise was so worth it to see her expression.
Love you baby girls, can't believe you are a teenager.  Hope you enjoy your new grown up room.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment